HKS Forged Piston & Con Rod Set
To improve the performance of the CR-Z using the factory connecting rods, the durability of the factory parts restricts the improvement. Using this Piston Kit and Connecting Rod Set with the HKS GTS7040 Set-up Kit can increase the maximum engine output to 300ps and the maximum torque to 36 kgfï½¥m; the CR-Z can be high performance hybrid sports car.
- Factory replacement & standard bore size piston kit.
- Billet pistons are made from the 80mm-L60mm Aluminum rod material.
- Honda factory piston pins (18mm Semifloating pins) are required.
- Honda factory piston rings are required.
The compression ratio when using the pistons with HKS Head Gasket is as follows:
HKS Head Gasket t=0.8mm Gasket Bore: 75.0mm 8.7
HKS Head Gasket t=1.2mm Gasket Bore: 75.0mm 8.4
CONNECTING ROD SET
- Semifloating pins on the connecting rod small end.
- The durability is improved by 186% comparing to the factory's durability with the 158.8(mm2) minimum cross-sectional area of the rod.
- The M8x1.0 sized connecting rod bolts are used for better rigidity.
* In-house test at 336PS/43.78kgfï½¥m confirmed the durability and safety (including the Supercharger drive loss).
HKS put all their know-how knowledge into engine parts from the data they have acquired from the drag race, round race, time attack and drift race. The HKS team provide Engine tuning ranging from Camshafts, Pulleys, Pistons and Rods to Timing Belts, Pump Upgrades and even Head Gaskets. The concept behind HKS engine products was to produce something the customers would truly be happy with.
This product is compatible with the following vehicles
|Vehicle Make||Vehicle Model||Vehicle Variant||From||To||Engine||Notes|
|Honda||CR-Z||IMA Hybrid||2010||2013||LEA-MF6||1.5L - FWD Petrol/Electric|
Whether it is engine, exhaust, suspension, or drive-train systems, there is no substitute for the performance, quality and reliability of HKS. Part-Box/Co-ordSport are an approved distributor for HKS performance and tuning products.
For over 35 years, HKS products have been put to the test in drag racing, road racing, rallying, and top speed trials. HKS equipped vehicles have captured numerous racing championships and hold claim to a myriad of competition records using many “off the shelf”, race proven HKS components. As a result, HKS has been synonymous with “performance” in the automotive aftermarket industry for the past 35+ years.